This retailer programme provides an upskilling opportunity for an apprenticeship providing career progression within a company that has a focus on workforce performance responsibilities such as assisting customers when they purchase products and services, which requires a good understanding of the stock being sold, the variety of ways customers can shop and the ability to process payments, and working in a variety of shops and other retail establishments: small boutiques, large high street chains, supermarkets and well-known department stores. This programme is ideal for those looking to develop their skills through an apprenticeship such as new or talented employees who want to learn and progress, or existing employees who are looking to retrain or upskill within their industry.
Learning and Skills Content: The Programme Brief
- Level 2
- Duration: 12 months
- Blended approach to delivery which will include workplace coaching, off site face to face learning, webinars, Skype or equivalent, telephone and online learning
- Development of the learner's knowledge, skills, behaviours relevant to the job role
- Level 2 functional skills where appropriate
- End-point assessment preparation
The Learner Journey
- 12 months on programme: This is when the individual will learn the skills, knowledge and behaviours which will support them for their end-point assessment. The apprentice will undertake a combination of activities, such as group and individual learning-based sessions, specialised mentoring, shadowing, bespoke resources and off-site visits in order to support their learning and development. Learners must also attend 20% of the job training.
- Gateway: After 12 months teaching and learning, you, your training provider and the learner will review the learners journey and decide whether it is the right time for the on-programme assessment.
- End-point assessment: This is when the learner will need to demonstrate they have learned the required knowledge, skills and behaviours, through a scenario-based knowledge test, a competency-based interview, an evidence-based portfolio and a professional discussion relating to the evidence of competence and achievement in the apprentice role.
What Your Apprentices Will Learn